Parcel 5B sits within the Alkerden Heritage Character Area as defined by the approved Area Masterplan and Design Code.
Our proposals are being designed to draw design narrative from:
- Reflecting best practice Garden City design principles – a strong focus on accessibility, permeability and high-quality landscaped streets and spaces.
- The setting of the historic Alkerden Barn which is to be repurposed as a community facility.
- A key vista facing westwards towards the Major Urban Park.
- Low to medium density development (2-3 storeys in height) transitioning from the north at Alkerden Barn to higher scale development in the south adjoining the Education Campus entrance and leading to the Market Centre.
- Simple building forms with Kentish farmstead courtyard arrangements.